Talk to a

Muslim Lawyer in Oklahoma

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Muslim attorneys in Oklahoma who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Can a child support agreement be enforced abroad?

My Muslim husband left my children here in Oklahoma City and moved back to Morocco. Before he left he signed an agreement stating he would pay $750 per month for child support. He paid the first two months after he left and has not paid since. I do know where he is living and have considered contacting his family to see if they will encourage him to honor his agreement to our children. If his family cannot help, is it possible to enforce the agreement he signed against him in Morocco? Does the U.S. cooperate with child support agencies abroad to collect support? If this is possible, what do I need to do to start the process and will I need a lawyer to represent me? If I have to retain a lawyer, can my husband be required to pay any of the legal fees for my representation?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0