Mehdi Cherkaoui

  • Personal Injury
  • Car Accident
  • Immigration Law
  • Business Litigation
  • Divorce

Talk to a

Muslim Lawyer in Houston

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Muslim attorneys in Houston, Texas who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

Is it possible to get damages for wrongful child abuse allegation?

Three years ago my son’s teacher reported me to child protective services stating I was physically abusing my son. I had never hurt him and denied it from the beginning. I fully cooperated with the investigation and it was determined that I definitely did not abuse my son. The allegations by the teacher cost me my job and my security clearance. I believe the teacher knew all along that I was not an abuser and made the allegation because of my criticism of her as my son’s teacher which I had reported to the school board. Is it possible to file a lawsuit against her and recover compensation for the damages she caused to me with the wrongful allegation? Could the school system be joined in the lawsuit as her employer if it can be proven that they also knew the allegation was false but continued to employ this teacher?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0