Talk to a

Muslim Lawyer in Tennessee

Once you complete the search form below, we submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Muslim attorneys in Tennessee matching your search criteria.

Please note that your submission gives permission for the attorneys we match you with to contact you. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. If an attorney agrees to represent you, they will formalize their professional relationship with you directly.

Can I get a restraining order for my son due to child abuse?

My son’s father believes in spanking him as punishment. I strongly disagree and that’s part of why he and I broke up. My son came back after visitation with his father with bruises on his bottom and the back of his legs. He says his dad used a belt and punished him for using his father’s computer when he was told not to. I reported this to Tennessee child welfare services. I don’t want to send my son back to his father for the next visit. I’m afraid if I don’t his father will go to my son’s school and pick him up from there. Can I get a restraining order to keep his father away from him and stop him from going to my son’s school or coming to my house based on the child abuse? If I can, what do I need to do to get the restraining order?

Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0